Like I've said before, these Staples deals are cyclical, and here we are again! This deal is for a $20 prepaid Visa card via Staple's Easy Rebate, with the purchase of $300 or more Visa Gift cards starting this Sunday. Yep, more copying of info below from previous Staples posts.
- Offer valid 5/22/16 – 5/28/16. (See page 4 of weekly ad)
- In store only.
- Limit of one rebate per household.
MAXIMIZING THE DEAL
If you have a Chase Ink card (Plus or Cash), then you already know this -- you get 5x the points at Staples (or any other office supply store, for that matter). Any other mileage/points earning or cash back card works as well! Also, since it is one rebate per household, you can ask friends/family if they'll be ok with you using their info (name, email, address, etc.). Maybe throw them a buck or two? I am purchasing 5 separate 2 x $200 Visa Gift card orders, since I have 5 separate "households" I am applying the rebate to. Here is the cost breakdown (if you get more than one rebate, obviously the numbers increase per 2 x $200 Visa Gift Card purchased):
- Cost of gift cards + fees ($6.95/card): $413.90
- Rebate: $20
- Profit: $6.10
- If 2% cash back card used: extra $8.28
- If Chase Ink Card used: 2,070 Ultimate Rewards Points
- If other airlines cards are used, the number of points earned will depend on their point earning structure.
Free monies, thank you Staples! Oh, and thank you family members who are letting me "use" you for my free monies. If you were planning on making a big purchase anyways, buy some Visa Gift cards using this promotion and come out ahead cash-wise, or points-wise. Happy Stapling!