A couple of months back, Hyatt decided that it wanted to make use of the Starwood/Marriott merger hoopla to try and lure high status travelers over to Hyatt with a status match to Diamond, Hyatt's highest status. Hilton decided that it wanted to get in on the game, and put out a Diamond status match as well. At that time, I tried to match my Starwood Gold status to both Hyatt and Hilton programs, but was only granted Hyatt Platinum (which I already had through the Chase Hyatt Visa) and Hilton Gold.
Since that time, both status match availability has gone away, but Hilton recently brought their status matching back! I was able to match my Hyatt Platinum status to Hilton Diamond by sending in screen shots of both my status as well as upcoming stays. I detailed in my Trip Planning: Hawaii March 2017 post that I was hoping for Hilton Diamond status as we are planning on staying at some Hilton properties for that trip!
- Go to this Hilton website link
- Fill out Name, Address, Email, HHonors Account Number
- Select the Hotel Loyalty Program you want to match to Hilton
- Enter your status within that program
- Upload screen shots of both your status and recent or upcoming stays
Benefits of diamond status
- 50% ELITE STATUS BONUS – 50% bonus on all the HHonors Base Points you earn
- 48-HOUR ROOM GUARANTEE – Guaranteed a room with reservation at least 48 hours prior to your arrival
- 5TH NIGHT FREE – Silver, Gold and Diamond elite members will receive every 5th night free4 on Standard Room Reward stays of 5 nights or more.
- HOTEL BENEFITS – Members with Diamond status receive all member benefits:
- Digital Check-In: choose your room, and customize your stay from your mobile device up to 24 hours in advance.
- Complimentary in-room and lobby Premium Internet access, during stays at Waldorf Astoria™ Hotels & Resorts, Conrad® Hotels & Resorts, Curio – A Collection by Hilton, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, DoubleTree by Hilton™, Canopy™ by Hilton, Embassy Suites Hotels™, Hilton Garden Inn®, Hampton Inn & Suites®, Homewood Suites by Hilton®, Home2 Suites by Hilton®, and Hilton Grand Vacations™. Premium speed Internet may not be available at all hotels.
- Quick reservations and check-ins based on your room preferences
- Late check-out
- Express check-out
- 2nd Guest stays free
- Complimentary access to fitness centers and health clubs
- Two complimentary bottles of water per stay (at Waldorf Astoria™ Hotels & Resorts, Conrad® Hotels & Resorts, Curio – A Collection by Hilton, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, DoubleTree by Hilton™, Embassy Suites Hotels™, Hilton Garden Inn™ and Hilton Grand Vacations™ hotels)
- Space-available upgrade to preferred rooms (specific hotel dependent)
- For all benefits and breakdown of Hilton benefit tiers, click HERE.
Hilton is seriously wanting you to consider staying with them, as they have offered this status match to Hilton Diamond 3x now since last Thanksgiving! Reports have shown that either Hyatt Platinum or IHG Platinum statuses are enough to get you matched to Hilton Diamond. This Diamond status will seriously be a huge factor for choosing where we stay in the next 2 years, as the space-available preferred upgrade and complimentary breakfasts make a HUGE impact on our costs and quality of travel!
*What are you waiting for? Go match to Hilton Diamond! It never hurts to try!