IHG (Intercontinental Hotel Group) currently has a promotion called Priceless Surprises. There are ways to earn points through stays at hotels that are part of their IHG brand portfolio, but the best part is, there is a way to win points without any stays! All you have to do is fill out a couple of 3x5 cards with some information, put it in the mail, and receive "surprises" as well! You have until FEBRUARY 15, 2016, to send in your written entries!
There is no guarantee of how many points per entry, but for those who have entered so far, there seems to be at least a minimum of 500 points/entry guaranteed. The terms state that each account can have 94 total entries, thus 500 x 94 = 47,000 points minimum! You can also win trips to Orlando, New York City, and Paris, along with 1,000,000 IHG points! Check out full terms of the promo here.
How Do I Enter?
- If you don't have an IHG account, you need to open one.
- Next, you need to register your account for this promotion.
- On a 3 x 5 piece of paper, handwrite the following information (the terms specify that you must handwrite every single piece of information, you do not, however, need to write out all 8 categories):
- Full Name
- Daytime Phone Number
- Evening Phone Number
- Email address (make sure this is very legible!)
- IHG number
- First 6 digits of a MasterCard (does not have to be an IHG card)
- Date of birth
- The terms again state that "use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification", however reports from those who have participated, have shown successful entries were received even via printing the addresses on their envelopes or on labels. You need to then send all 94 entries to the following address:
IHG and MasterCard Priceless Surprises Promotion, c/o HelloWorld, Inc., P.O. Box 5996, Kalamazoo, MI 49003-5996
Each entry needs to be separately placed in its own individual envelope.
What Materials Will I Need?
- Purchase at least 94 3 x 5 index cards: I got mine from Staples, 500 index cards for $5.49 (I have 300 left, so if you're local to me and want to do this, let me know!), to make use of my Chase Ink card for 5x the points. But Amazon is also another option, 300 index cards for $2.29.
- Purchase at least 94 envelopes: I got mine from Amazon, 100 self-sealing envelopes for $6.99.
- Purchase at least 94 stamps: This will cost you $46.06 at your local USPS, or like myself, you can get them at Staples to again make use of the 5x the points on a Chase Ink card.
So as you can see, this will be a semi-tedious/time consuming promo to complete. And if you're nuts like me, it will take even longer as you will do it twice -- once for you, and once for your spouse/partner. However, the 47,000 points is valued at approximately $330 and there is always the possibility of winning more than 47,000 points, so what's a couple hours of writing, eh? IHG also puts out what they call PointBreaks hotels, every 2 months, for the following 2 months, where a select group of hotels only cost 5,000/night. So if you were to take advantage, you're looking at close to 10 nights for $55! I just finished writing my first set of 94 cards, printing my envelopes and mailing them out is all I have left... until the 2nd set! HA! Will you be participating in this promo? Is your hand cramping yet? :)
*If you are interested in learning more about how to earn cash back, maximize your points/miles earning potential, and maximizing your points/miles redemptions, please setup a consultation with me!